Front desk receptionists usually act as gatekeepers for an office. They allow access to other employees, answer phones, transfer calls, schedule appointments, answer questions, give directions and manage the flow of traffic in the office. It is the front desk receptionist who greets anyone who enters the building.
We are looking for a professional with a friendly attitude and the ability to multitask to serve as our company’s front desk receptionist. In this position, you will greet guests entering the building and help direct them where they need to go. In addition, you’ll be responsible for answering and managing the phones. We are a large company with multiple offices in the building, and the job can be fast paced with little downtime. You will work a set schedule that’s free of weekend and evening hours. We also offer great benefits and vacation time from the moment you start working. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and welcoming atmosphere. If you enjoy people and are committed to doing excellent work, then we want to hear from you.
• Greet people entering the building, answering any questions, providing directions and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them
• Answer a multiple line phone system, manage calls by routing them to the proper extensions or taking messages and delivering them within our message system along with setting up conference calls as requested
• Manage the building log of who is entering and exiting the building
• Accept deliveries and mail, organize them to be distributed to the correct recipients using the office mailing system and ensure they get to the recipient in a timely manner while also managing outgoing mail and packages for pickup
• Serve as the face of the company, offering friendly service to those entering the building or calling in on the phone
• Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean and free of clutter
• Assist new applicants who come into the building to apply for positions, including providing them with applications, pens and clipboards along with any reference material they may need, such as telephone directories or Wi-Fi passwords
• Handle filing and data entry as requested